Yeah, I Built That is a collaborative coalition of creatives, communicators, leaders in the construction industry, and craft tradesmen and women. We strive to bring bright, innovative, dedicated and enthusiastic kids, teens, and young adults the information and experience they need to find their path to a career in construction.
By bridging the gap between the businesses and organizations that face a potential workforce shortage and the schools, churches, and communities that guide and shape younger generations, Yeah, I Built That provides a unique platform for open dialogue, deep discovery, mentor and education opportunities, and meaningful and lasting engagement.
Yeah, I Built That is founded by The Construction Forum Education Foundation.
In April of 2015, the board of directors of the Construction Forum St. Louis, with the support of the Forum’s board of advisors, voted to incorporate The Construction Forum Education Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable foundation.
The bylaws of the organization state that among its purposes are:
- To advance, improve, and promote effective construction methods, practices, communication and to generally advance the St. Louis construction industry.
- To conduct original research in partnership with St. Louis area universities, educational institutions, industry trade organizations and companies on topics relating to construction.
- To create studies and surveys for the purpose of disseminating information related to the St. Louis construction industry.
- Through the educational opportunities and research conducted, to assist and encourage St. Louis area construction companies and professionals to reach the highest levels of effectiveness, efficiency, and achievement
- To promote STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) Education among area public and private primary and secondary schools with the purpose of encouraging and preparing area youth for a career in the St. Louis construction industry.
The Construction Education Foundation has a separate board of directors and governance from Construction Forum St. Louis. Among the founding directors are:
- Marcelo Azambuja, PhD — SIUE, Assistant Professor, Department of Construction
- Dave Baker, EdD – Interim Director of College and Career Readiness – Special School District
- Steve Bannes, MSE — Board Member, Construction Forum St. Louis; Director, Sever Institute, Graduate Studies in Construction Management at Washington University
- Joe Blanner, MA, JD – President Construction Forum St. Louis; Partner, McCarthy Leonard Kaemmerer
- Mark Carlie, MBA – Board Member Construction Forum St. Louis; Senior Member Stone Carlie & Company CPAs
- Steve Faust, AS/E – Business Development/Diversity Coordinator, icon Mechanical
- Tom Finan, MA — Executive Director, Construction Forum St. Louis
- John Gaal, EdD – Director of Training and Workforce Development, Carpenters District Council of St. Louis and Vicinity
- Deborah Henry, PhD — St. Louis Community College, Professor of History, Research field: “Race and the Building Trades”
- Michael Kennedy, BS, Business Management, President, KAI-DB
- Ronaldo Luna, PhD — Dean of Civil Engineering, St. Louis University
- Sandra Marks, MBA — Senior Vice President, Clayco, principal Marks and Associates
- Arthur McCoy, PhD — Chief Academic Officer/Superintendent, The MIND Research Institute
- W. Eric Showalter Ph.D., P.E., LEED AP, M.ASCE — Associate Teaching Professor, Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, Associate Director of Freshman Engineering Program, Missouri University of Science and Technology